American Truck Simulator features an experience point (XP) and levelling system, which allows your character to develop and improve skills as you progress through the game, by complete deliveries, in order to unlock new abilities and cargoes. Most of the skills allow you to unlock more lucrative job offers. You can spend a new skill point after the player reaches a new level. The skills you can gain and improve are listed below.
Hazardous Materials Skill Tree:
Long Distance Skill Tree:
High-Value Cargo Skill Tree:
Fragile Cargo Skill Tree:
Just-In-Time Delivery Skill Tree:
Just-In-Time deliveries are broken down to two categories: Important deliveries which do not cut the estimated time of arrival (ETA) too much but do not give as much reward, and urgent deliveries which have a short ETA but give more experience.
Eco-Driving Skill Tree:
- American Truck Simulator: How to Fix Missing Trailer Load (V 1.38)
- American Truck Simulator: Tractor Purchasing Guide
- American Truck Simulator: Sliding Tandems Guide
- American Truck Simulator: Low Boy Load Guide
- American Truck Simulator: All Garage Locations (Updated September 2021)