I simple guide to get new players started with Bio-Prototype.
Game play primer
1) Brain. The brain is you, you is brain.
- This is where you build your prototype.
- The default brain can hold 10 organs.
2) Organs. Organs are what you put into brains to make your prototype, each organ takes 1 slot.
- The organ type is stated in its the top left hand corner.
- The two basic properties that are not immediately obvious are “Vessel Amount” and “Rear Compatibility” .
- Vessel amount can be thought of as how many nodes will LEAVE the organ, while rear compatibility determines WHAT can be put into those nodes. So an organ with “Vessel Amount: o o” and “Rear Compatibility Stomach” will have two nodes coming off of it but you can only put a stomach organ in them (which is one of the rarer ones).
- There are two basic archetypes of organs (there are more, but by the time you see them you will be past the scope of this guide). Activators and Abilities.
- You have to chain your organs together activator > ability > activator > ability > etc…
- They only way to get one activator to trigger more than one ability is if the activator has more than one “Vessel Amount”.
3) Activators. Activators are how you do things.
- There are two basic types of activators, spines and nerves.
- Spines will activate an activity on a set timer (ie 0.67 times per second), nerves will activate once a condition is met( ie activate the first rear organ when the organ in front hits a target).
- It is important to note that the nerve will activate AT the location the triggering item was at when it triggered. So, in the above case if a bullet firing organ was set to trigger the nerve organ, the effect of the organ the nerve triggered would happen at the BULLET not at the prototype. Illustration:
bullet firing organ + activate rear organ when front organ hits any target + exploding organ =
Explosion occurs at bullet, when bullet hits target
4) Abilities. abilities are actions that are activated by your activators.
- There are TONS of different abilities, too many to name here.
- Ranged damage, melee damage, shields, area damage are just a few of the different abilities.
- I just really felt like I needed another bullet point.
- “Recombination” tricks you into wasting 100 cells to create a random organ instead of using them to upgrade your character.
- “Brain” gives you an entire extra brain, complete with 10 more organ slots, you can have up to a total of 4 brains.
- “Intelligence” gives you the capacity to have two more organs per brain, up to a total of 20 organs per brain.
- That is 80 organs total, because math is hard.