Treyarch has deployed a new update to Call of Duty Black Ops 4 and provided context to the Black Market Tier Progression and Network Updates. In their latest Reddit post, Treyarch shared about what are currently working on:
“As of today, we have completed the first phase of planned changes to network configuration in targeted locations. We are carefully monitoring overall performance to ensure that these updates are working as expected before completing the next phase of updates. It’s important that we roll out updates in a carefully staged process, as changes to networking infrastructure can potentially produce both positive and negative effects, and we need to monitor every update closely. The stability and performance of the game for the entire community is always our top priority, and we’re continuing to work to sustain the smooth performance of the game’s launch throughout its opening weeks.”
After the update, Reddit User /u/soja92 had run a tests and it appears that the tick rate has been upgraded to 30 hz and the Server Update Rate remains to target 60Hz after today’s update, which is definitely an improvement as Treyarch had annouced that they were going to optimize the experience
- Black Market
- Fixes and improvements to Tier progression earn rate across all modes of Multiplayer and Blackout.
- General stability improvements across Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
- Weekly rotation of Featured category of playlists:
- Added “Mercenary Capture Moshpit” playlist added to Featured Playlist (5v5 Domination, Hardpoint, and Control with no Parties).
Added “Hardcore Control” playlist added to the Featured Category.
- Added “Search and Destroy” playlist to Featured Category.
Resolved an issue causing a UI Error in the After Action Report for Master Prestige players.
Resolved an issue with the “Nuked Out” Calling Card not properly unlocking in the Hardcore Free For All playlist.
- Resolved an issue where players were able to get permanent 200 Health if two players playing as Crash used the Tak-5.
- Search and Destroy
- Resolved an issue where users could spectate the enemy team by changing classes during their Kill Cam.
- After Action Report
- Resolved an issue that sometimes led to a black screen during the After Action Report.
- Resolved an issue where War Paints were not showing up in the reward stream until they were unlocked.
- Multiple crash fixes.
We’ve also made the following update specific to PC:
- Memory Leak Fix
- Fixed memory leak issues that eventually caused the game to close with an error.
We’re also currently tracking the following recent topics to address in future updates:
- Blackout Audio Adjustments
- We are making several updates to audio in Blackout based upon our testing and feedback from the community to deliver the soundscape our players expect in Blackout. Look for this update to drop in the next week.
- Blackout Quads Performance
- We’re continuing to investigate occasional hitches in performance in Blackout Quads playlists, particularly on Xbox One. As we’ve mentioned before, though this hasn’t proven easily replicable during testing, we’re committed to tracking down the cause and squashing it.
- Zombies Hosts Ending Matches
- We’re aware that matches in Zombies have been ending when the host leaves the game, and we’re planning a future update to address this. Thanks for your patience as we work on the solution.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Update Patch Note on Nov. 6 Has Released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Hotfix Of Today, Zombies Are Still Missing
- Black Ops 4 Oct 21 Update Network Tick Rate Update
- Black Ops 4 October 16 Update: 100-Player Duos, PC Crash Fixes, and more
- Black Ops 4 Biggest Update Comes 1.03 Full Patch Notes For PC, PS4, And Xbox One