Here’s a quick rundown on how to set up Visual Studio 2019 to modify and build the open source DLL files.
Installing Visual Studio and Windows 8.1 SDK
Make sure to select the following components:
- MSVC v141 – VS 2017 C++ x64/x86 build tools (v14.16)
- C++ ATL for v141 build tools (x86 & x64)
- C++ MFC for v141 build tools (x64 & x64)
There are many other options and you can look through them all at your leisure during this step as well.
For the Windows 8.1 SDK, simply run sdksetup.exe and go through the whole setup process. You can untick all options except for the Windows 8.1 SDK itself.
Modifying and Building the DLL
Once you have the solution loaded, if it asks to retarget the project, simply close that window without doing so. This is now the time to make your changes!
Once it’s finished and you want to build, press CTRL+B or right-click the project you are working on (either TiberianDawn or RedAlert) and click Build. You can find your built files in (Game install)/SOURCECODE/bin/Win32.
- All You Know About Error Code b77577d9 in NBA 2K19
- One Step From Eden: How to Install Mods
- STORY OF SEASONS Friends of Mineral Town: How to Fix for Game not Start
- Equilinox: How to Fix a Random Crash (Driver Error)
- Immortal Redneck: How to Fix the Black Screen on Start-up