“Why would I want to disable autosave”, you ask? There are two reasons I wanted to: 1) to stop the game from stuttering every time it autosaved and 2) to get rid of clutter and unneeded saves in my “Load Game” menu.
Prior to patch 1.3 there was a very similar method that no longer works because CDPR removed the file needed for configuring; now we need to create our own.
In this guide I will explain how to turn off autosave in a way that’s compatible with version 1.3.1.
2) Create a new text file within the base folder and name it “user”.
3) Open the user.txt file, copy/paste the following into it, and then save the text file.
AutoSaveEnabled = false
4) Right click on the user.txt file and select “rename”. Highlight the file extention and delete the “txt” part, replacing it with “ini”, and hit Enter. The file should now be named user.ini
The benefits of having autosave disabled far outweigh the fact the game doesn’t save for you IMO. Enjoy your smoother, stutter-less (stutter-less-frequently?), gameplay. ;-P
- Cyberpunk 2077: How to Turn on Single Tap Dodge
- Cyberpunk 2077: Analog Keyboard Binds for On-Foot Movement and Driving
- Cyberpunk 2077: Sensitivity Optimization
- Cyberpunk 2077: How to Enable the Tab in Misc for Censor Nudity
- Cyberpunk 2077: How to Change Keymapping with Tools