Here is a simple method to support Ultra-Widescreen. enjoy the game.
How to Add Ultra-Widescreen Support
1. Open Program HxD > Click File and Open ds.exe
2. Ctrl+R > Click “Hex-values” > Click Search Direction “All” > Write 55 55 15 40 in Search for,
3. Replace with Hex value of your Resolution’s Aspect Ratio, Here are some common resolutions:
2560x1080 = 26 B4 17 40 3440x1440 = 8E E3 18 40 5120x2160 = 26 B4 17 40 6880x2880 = 8E E3 18 40 3840x1080 = 39 8E 63 40 5120x1440 = 39 8E 63 40
4. Click Replace All
5. Save and play
Maybe change in the settings from 21:9 to 16:9 and then back to 21:9.
Note: This method was found by Prototype.
Some FAQs by Developer
Yes, DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT is playable with keyboard and mouse.
Yes, DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT has full controller support.
Yes! Sony PlayStation’s DualSense is compatible with DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT and takes advantage of haptic feedback when connected to PC.
Unfortunately, the PC version does not support Sony PlayStation’s 3D audio, but some sound effects are reproduced by Ambisonics to improve the stereophonic effect.
The effect can be felt even with stereo speakers, but the 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel environment will further enhance the sense of stereophonic effect, so we encourage you all to play DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT in a multi-channel audio environment.
That’s all. as DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT is just released. hope the developers will add the native widescreen support in the next patch.
- How to Transfer Your Game Saves from DEATH STRANDING to DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT
- DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT: How to Fix XBOX 360 Controller Input Bug
- DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT: Grenades Guide