Basic knowledge I would have loved to know, when starting with Dorfromantik
2. Do perfect tile placements – this will grant you 1 tile.
This means if you want to stay in the game you either close a quest every 5 turns or do only perfect placements.
Both is impossible to achieve with the random tile generation in conjunction with the railroad/river tiles, which can hardly be used in your regular quest closing.
* To be perfectly exact: you get 5 tiles, but the one you placed is used and therefore the counter only raises by 4 as the tile you used is substracted before getting the 5 tiles. (credits to chaney for pointing this out)
2. Place tiles fitting to each other – 10 points per fitting side.
3. Score a perfect tile placement (all 6 sides fit) – 60 points extra – Exception: Lakes fit everywhere, but are only counted as perfect if you have water on all sides.
Attention: If you place perfect fit, which is already surrounded by six placed tiles – you score only once 60 points – if you add a tile and therefore close a perfect fit – you score twice: 60 points for the perfect fit (in addition to the previous scored points for this tile).
2. Number quests require the exact number of items in an area.
3. Number*Triangle quests require you to close the area after you reached the number. This grants you actually 8 tiles – as consecutive solving is required.
New quests will spawn automatically, when you are low on quests. There are no penalities for missed quests.
Therefore quests you dont want to do, should be closed as soon as possible by placing the tile in a way, that the quests turns red.
So in an ideal situation you close the quest and work on another quest.
The requested quest amount seems to be always above your biggest open area, but related to your overall map size.
Therefore closing an area, might reduce the requested number of trees/buildings/fields, but new quests are still harder to fulfill as in the early game.
Hints: If you point your mouse over the quest marker/flag the game will indicate the not yet closed tiles for your area.
2. Each reward will grant a new tile.
3. The tutorial Reward grants you a Water-Railstation, which can be used to cross water and railroad lines. Its a Joker tile – use it wisely!
– severly restrict your placement options
– have only limited placement options
2. quests are simple to accomplish – just extend your one and only network
3. Kill all non railroad/river connected quests on railroad/river tiles immediatly.
They are much harder to solve and are not worth our effort.
2. You do not need to fulfill every quest – close quests you dont like.
3. If your area is already too big for an exact number quest – try the following:
– place this quest tile near your big area, close it and then connect to your big area
4. Keep the number of quests as low as possible – only then new quests spawn.
5. Prioritize “Rewards” and quests with crowns – these will grant you new tiles and more starting tiles.
6. For certain rewards you need to change your regular playing style – do this in a specific session.
- Loop Hero: Warrior Guide for Infinite Loops
- Loop Hero: All Tile Combination Lists
- Neverwinter: Stronghold Quest Guide (Guard Recruitment)
- OpenTTD: How to Place Your Stations Efficiently
- Mr.Mine: Quickly 100% Achievements (In 1 Hour)