An assortment of hints, tips, and tricks from the developers themselves! This covers the basics and is a great place to start off.
- Stoves and wood burners can be found in the main ship or at different locations throughout the world. Both stoves and wood burners provide a source of heat, with stoves having the added benefit of enabling players to cook a variety of recipes.
- Lanterns and campfires are an ‘out and about’ heat source, with campfires having the added benefit of basic cooking.
- Tents, caves, and igloos have varying levels of insulation. Add fuel to the provided heat source or build a campfire at these locations to keep the cold at bay.
- Night/Day cycle: Night is much colder so be cautious venturing too far afield.
- Raw meat is harvested from dead animals and can be eaten raw or cooked on a campfire/stove. For Explorers, raw meat has less nutrition than cooked meat.
- Blubber is harvested from dead seals and can be eaten raw, added to stews or used as a crafting ingredient.
- Human meat is harvested from dead people… it can be eaten raw or cooked on a campfire/stove. Thralls love human meat…
- Body parts can be gathered by cutting up dead people’s bodies. They can be added to stews at a stove.
- Stews are very nutritious and wholesome.
Crafting / Cooking
- Crafting is performed at a workbench. Here you can create weapons and other various pieces of equipment.
- Cooking is done at a stove. You can make food, tea, poison, and its antidote. In a pinch, you can cook raw meat on a campfire.
- Passive healing is tied to hunger – the fuller you are the faster your health regenerates.
- Laudanum is a healing tonic. It can be consumed as is, or crafted into a syringe to be more effective.
- When a player is ‘down’ (crawling), they will need to rest to recover. They can crawl there, or be carried by a teammate to a bed where they will be revived. A jab from a laudanum syringe will also do the trick.
- Beds can be found in the main ship or at different locations throughout the world.
- Right-Click items to quick transfer between your personal inventory and containers, bodies, stoves, workbenches etc.
- Certain items of the same type can be stacked.
- Be wary of weight – it’ll slow you down.
The naughty stuff…
- Bone daggers are used to cast spells (Hold Right-Click, select, then Left-Click). Anyone found carrying these, could be deemed untrustworthy. The safest place for these is at the bottom of the ocean.
- Totems are built by Thralls to increase the power of spells (Press Q, select, then Left-Click). If found by an Explorer… destroy the totem on sight.
- Thralls can thwart the expedition through many means:
– Poisoning food (craft poison and drag onto food to taint it).
– Blowing up the ship (add gunpowder to barrels, drop them, and set them alight).
– Sabotaging the boiler (simply add gun powder when the boiler is running).
- Survivalist: Invisible Strain – Crafting Guide
- Conan Exiles: How to Summon a Surge in Isle of Siptah
- Valheim: How to Start Home with a Fire Pit that doesn’t Suffocate You
- Alchemist Simulator: Potion Crafting List
- Bermuda – Lost Survival: New Players Guide