Hats were revamped with Duck Game 1.5, making them easier to create, and adding all sorts of new customizations like rocks. This is an (almost) comprehensive guide on how to make everything from basic hats, to hats with capes and rocks and whatever else.
Once you’ve got your hat designed (and make sure it’s on both sides of the image, otherwise it’ll vanish from existence every time you quack) delete the template layer, and save the image as a PNG file. Give it whatever name you want, and toss it into wherever it is you installed Duck Game (steam/steamapps/common/Duck Game) and you’re done. The hat will show up in the selection menu, and you’ll be able to use it online, visible for all the other players to see.
If you want just a rock without the cape, or just the cape without a custom rock, all you have to do is crop the respective parts of the image out. Otherwise, you can draw to your hearts content and design every facet of your duck, with a couple pointers.
- Once you put information in the custom rock area, the rock at the rock toss will be fully replaced with it. That means if all you want to do is draw a smiley face on the rock for example, make sure to copy the full rock sprite in to the final result, otherwise you’ll just end up with a floating smiley face and no rock.
- The borders on the template are still part of their respective zones, so you can go over them, just don’t go into the other marked areas.
- Seriously though, don’t forget to remove all traces of the template before you save the image. Otherwise you’re gonna end up with duck bits and coloured borders all over your design.
Put the final PNG in your Duck Game install, and now you’ve got some real fancy stuff to show off online.
- Jet Lancer: How To Add Your Own Lance Replacement Sprite
- SUPER DRINK BROS: How to Use Custom Skins
- Scram – How to Dress Properly
- Card Hog: Workshop Guide
- Airships: Conquer the Skies – How to Use Airship Mod Maker