Here is a guide on how to get the actual good ending from Emily is Away <3.
Alright, what do I need to do then?
The general gist is:
- Your first ever playthrough is absolutely always doomed to failure.
- Whichever girl dumped you in your first playthrough unlocks the opportunity to obtain the “good” ending for the other girl.
- Small decisions like musical preference/quiz answers don’t affect the your final ending outcome. Only choices in Chapter 4 matter to get the happy ending.
- As long as you don’t treat Emily/Evelyn in a really bad way, your second playthrough will most likely be the good end. As far as we know, either completely ignoring Jeff/Steve or bringing it up and dropping once she asks you to will work, you’ll notice that her attitude towards him will change and be different from the bad ending playthrough. Just don’t be an idiot.
What this means is, if you want to have the good ending with Emily, then start a new game with Evelyn, get the bad ending, then start a new game with Emily and play normally for the good ending, and the other way around for Evelyn.
Playing again sounds like a lot of trouble, is there something I can do to make it faster?
Modifying the save file:
1. Pick the girl you would prefer to get the good ending with
2. Play through with her, always trying to take her side
3. Do not talk to Jeff/Steve, and only bring them up fleetingly with Em/Eva
4. Get the not so good ending
5. Go to C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME HERE]\AppData\LocalLow\KyleSeeley\Facenook – Welcome to Facenook
6. Open Player.json
7. On line 1, edit firstCharacter to be the opposite, so if firstCharacter: 0, change to 1 and vice versa
8. Save the file, reload your save and replay chapter 5, and you should get the good ending
Cheat Engine Speedhack:
1. Select the game’s exe on Cheat Engine, tick the box that says “Enable Speedhack”, set it to something high like x20, click apply.
2. Keep mashing 1 and Enter to get past dialogue quickly (make sure to enable Text Assist on the game’s settings so it types for you, it’s the gear icon at the top right), but make sure to pick the girl you wouldn’t want to get the good ending with
3. Absolutely no option matters, you just need to finish the game, so mash it to your hearts content. Sometimes the game bugs out and stops progression due to the speedhack, but it every time it bugs out, it conveniently auto saves for you, so you can go back go to the menu and continue the game
4. Once you finish the game (took me 20 minutes with a x20 speedhack), close Cheat Engine and start a new game on save file 2, now play normally with the girl you want to get the good ending with
Extra useful information found by data mining
Emily is Away <3 is separated by 5 endings and 14 subendings, the subendings are the last squares found in your timeline.
You’re able to get all subendings with either Emily or Evelyn.
On the code, the subendings are labeled as such. Thanks to AdamGaffney96 once again for finding this!
TogetherOtherBroke = 12,
TogetherOnBreak = 13,
UltimatumApologized = 21,
UltimatumDenied = 22,
UltimatumUpset = 23,
BrokenWontTalk = 31,
BrokenDeniedFault = 32,
BrokenAdmitFault = 33,
Broken2WontTalk = 41,
Broken2DeniedFault = 42,
Broken2AdmitFault = 43,
Together2Realistic = 51,
Together2Forever = 52
- Emily is Away <3: 100% Achievement Guide
- Emily is Away <3: All Secrets (How to Unlock)
- Emily is Away <3: How to Get the [Redacted] Achievement