Quick guide to skip the startup movies and load straight into the main menu.
If you do not have one, I recommend HxD.
- Go to <path-to-game>\Gears5\GearGame\Content\B2
- Find GearGame.b2index and open it with a hex editor.
- Search for Coalition_MSStudios.bk2 and replace any letter inside it.
For example: Cdalition_MSStudios.bk2
Do not add or remove a letter. You may get a warning from the editor if you do.
- Search for TheCoalitionLogo.bk2 and do the same as the previous step.
- Save changes.
When you start the game, it should go straight to the main menu.
- It is strongly recommended to make a backup of the file to fall back on in case you edited the file incorrectly.
- If you did not make a backup, verify the integrity of game files in the game’s properties
to restore it.
- You may have to reapply the fix after every title update.
- This may not work on the Microsoft Store version due to Microsoft’s anti-tamper properties.
- None Found