According to Reddit, a deadly bug is desroying players’ PS4 and this post is a warning to PS4 users to set their messages to private. The poster says that after they received a message from a opponent they were playing Rainbow Six Siege with, “A player from the other team used a dummy account to send the message and crashed my entire team,” says Reddit user huntstark. ” and they all had to go factory reset. Only one guy from his team wasn’t affacted because he has his message private, he blocked that message.
This deadly bug seems result by the PS4 software code, there is a specific character can’t be recognized by the system, when you receive it, it looks like a question mark in a box like ⍰, and this simple character will kill your console, receiving the message notification, or having the message on your console is enough to cause it crash and require a reset to fix. So far, multiple players has reported this problem.
Before, Sony fix this bug, there is a way prevent it, set your message to private if you trust everyone in your friend list. You can do it like this:
- Go to main menu tab on the PS4 home screen (up on the d-pad).
- Go to the “Settings” button.
- Head to “Account Management” (the one with your profile picture next to it).
- Go to “Privacy Settings,” then enter your PSN password as normal.
- Go to “Personal Info.”
- Go to “Messages.” In the drop-down menu, select either “Friends Only” if you trust everyone on your friends list not to send you this kind of message, or “No One,” just to be extra-sure.
Its better to stay this way until Sony has fixed problem, if you receive any messages that contain a symbol of a question mark in a box like ⍰ on your console, delete it right away!
- Messages that were crashing consoles Are Fixed
- Mouse And Keyboard Will Be Supported On Xbox One Nex Month
- Battlefield V Will Support 60hz Tick Rate And 120hz In Smaller Modes
- PSN Halloween Sale Started With Over 300 Discounts And Deals (UK)
- Worms Will Come Back With A New Game 2020