This guide will help you set up a Hamachi server to play this game online even with the official servers down.
1. Download and install Hamachi
2. Click start menu, type “run’ and then enter key
3. Enter “ncpa.cpl”. This gets you to the network adapters (other ways besides this to get there)
4. Right click Hamachi and go to properties
5. UNCHECK Internet Protocol Version 6
6. Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 and then click properties
7. Go to Advanced
8. Uncheck automatic metric and change it to 10
9. Hit ok
10. Connect/make lan server as per normal tutorials etc.
This next section is only for who are hosting the Hamachi Lan server. NOT for those who connect. I cannot believe how deep you have to go to let this through. Networking on Windows is becoming even more of a pain than before.
From Hamachi’s website:
Allow the Hamachi Network Adapter through the firewall, as follows:
1. In Windows, go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall.
2. In Windows Firewall, on the left side of the window, click Advanced Settings. The Windows Firewall with Advance Security window is displayed.
3. At the top of the Advanced Settings window, go to Action > Properties.
4. On the Domain Profile tab under State, look for Protected network connections and click Customize. The Protected Network Connections for the Domain Profile window is displayed.
5. Under Network Connections, clear the checkbox for Hamachi. Leave all other options selected.
6. Click OK to save your changes.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 on both the Private Profile tab and Public Profile tab.
This to allow your firewall to still be active while only letting Hamachi through.
Using 8 year old Hamachi YouTube videos and about 20 websites I managed to piece this together. The issue is that you can’t put the IP address in the game. Instead, the game tries to find it automatically unlike RTS games etc which have you put the IP address in. So this stupefies it enough for the game to find the address.
I couldn’t get Tuungle to work obviously so don’t bother with that anymore. I’m sure other services like Hamachi work just the same. Just put their name in where Hamachi is in my steps.
NOTE: Internet Protocol Version 6 turned itself back on and wouldn’t allow our computers to see each other. So be wary of that.