This guide describes a way to get the Agonizing Remorse achievement for people playing exclusively on the Deck. Contains spoilers obviously.
The Agonizing Remorse achievement requires the deletion of a file on your hard drive (the game will not actually delete one of your files; you have to do it yourself). This is tricky to do on the Deck since you cannot switch to browsing your files while playing.
Step by Step
- If the game is running, close it and switch to Desktop Mode. On your Desktop, create a file (right click or left trigger, then “Create New”) that will be deleted for the achievement. For example, here I create a txt file named achievement.txt (Steam + X will bring up the keyboard).
- Go back to gaming mode, start the game and fight the Archivist. Once you blow one of their candles, the Archivist will ask you to pick a file and say this one will be special. This is where you have to pick the file you created in Step 1. Here the game will open a window with the contents of your hard drive. You will see a list similar to this one:
From this location, the path to your file is home/deck/Desktop/. So first pick “home”, then “deck”, then “Desktop”, then your file.
- Place the card the Archivist created out of your file in such a way that the card will get killed/destroyed. The Archivist will then say it has deleted the file associated to it.
- Beat the Archivist.
- After the fight, P03 will talk to you. Wait until you see the autosave icon in the bottom-right corner and quit the game while P03 is talking. It is crucial not to pick the rewards of the fight at this point.
- Go back to Desktop mode. Your file will still be on your desktop, accompanied by another “deleted” version created by the Archivist (it’s pretty funny; give it a read). Delete both of those files (I actually used the rm command from a terminal but I assume normal deletion is ok).
- Go back to gaming mode and start the game again. P03 will greet you with a speech about the deletion of the file and you will get the achievement. If you aren’t in the Archivist’s room anymore, you can go back there to get the rewards.
- Inscryption: “Devil’s Play” and “Collective Effort” Achievements (Save File)
- Inscryption: All Hidden Achievements (100% Completion)
- Inscryption: How to Grind Ouroboros Quickly
- Inscryption: How to get the Devil’s Play and Dark Offering
- Inscryption: How to Customize Decks (Editing Saves)