Necro is the hardest boss in this game. That guide describes how to defeat him.
- A lot depends on pure luck, and it is not on your side. To defeat the boss in any ending, you will have to make many attempts, it is better to realize this in advance and try not to get mad. My guide is unlikely to help you defeat the boss from the first run, but it will definitely help you reduce number of runs.
- The battle has four phases. There are no checkpoints, after death you will have to start the whole battle from the very beginning.
- The fewer characters, the easier it is. There are not very many benefits from several characters, but there are noticeably more enemies. If you want to increase your chances of winning, play without bots.
- To get a good ending, DO NOT use Necro in any form, neither for healing, nor for Berserker mode, nor for lifting fallen teammates. If bots are using Necro, there will be a bad ending, so lack of bots is MANDATORY to get a good ending.
- Don’t give up, even if you have very little health left, it is better to try to fight your way forward as much as you can. There are two reasons for this:
1) Due to the lack of checkpoints, you will see the last two phases less often than the first two phases, so any, even the smallest practice will be useful to you;
2) Feeling hopeless can calm you down and ultimately increase your chances of winning game
Phase One — Walls of Flesh
- To win, you need to throw enough syringes into the walls. Your clones are armed with syringes, if they stab you – the syringe will disappear, if you knock clones down – the syringes will remain on the ground, they must be picked up and thrown into the wall. Do not use syringes against clones! The faster you throw enough syringes into the walls, the faster you will get through this nasty phase.
- Clones spawn endlessly at regular intervals. If you don’t kill them, they will continue to spawn and fill the entire screen. Killing them quickly is the most important task. Also, if you do not injure the walls for a long time, then they will begin to converge and eventually you will have no room for maneuvers.
- Forget all combat moves except grab and throw. Combos, tackles, dash strikes and jump strikes can sometimes help, but you can only rely 100% on grappling moves, as they kill enemies instantly and with a high probability.
- Do not pick up syringes if there are clones right next to you. You will not have enough time to avoid damage, and they will not only hurt you badly, but they will also use up their syringe.
- If you play as dexterous characters (Sergey and Natasha), then you must grab enemies and throw them into the walls, this will instantly kill them and leave the syringes you need under you. Throw enemies only in the direction in which you are looking! If you take enemies on one side and throw them on the other, then sooner or later you will mess up and get hurt.
- If you play as strong characters (Ivan and Boris), then it will be more convenient for you to do finishing moves, and not to throw enemies. During the grab, press DOWN+GRAB and the enemy is guaranteed to die.
- Do not pick up the first syringe in the Arena, it will be very useful to you for the second (or even third) phase. If you accidentally took it, then just do not pick up one syringe that the clone will drop, the main thing is that at the end of the phase at least one extra syringe should lying on the ground.
- If you kill enemies so quickly that there are no clones left in the arena, you can use the insult (ALT button), if projectile reaches the wall, this will be counted as a syringe hit. Beware, the animation is long and if you use it at the wrong time, you will be injured by the spawned clones.
Phase Two — Meat Columns
- The easiest phase, you shouldn’t have any problems. It is necessary to destroy all the Columns that will try to crush you, the less of them there are, the freer the Arena is. Sometimes spider syringes appear, but they do not do much damage. The places where the columns will hit are highlighted by a small meat stain on the floor.
- If you took with you a syringe left over after the first phase, then a dash strike (E+K) is able to kill the Column in one hit and the syringe will not break after that. Thus, you can destroy all the pillars in a couple of seconds and you still have weapons for the third phase.
- If the column crushes you, press all the combat moves buttons to escape, just like in a normal game. If a spider-syringe is attached to you, then do a couple of dashes (E) to free yourself.
- In order not to miss the columns, hit the “fist” exactly where the column touches the floor.
Phase Three — Personal Confrontation
- The fun begins. So, Necro has four attacks and each should be described separately:
HORIZONTAL TENTACLE – Necro appears at the edge of the screen, prepares for a very long time and attacks the full width of the screen. It’s easy to avoid, just don’t line up with him.
STOMP – Necro appears momentarily in the center of the screen, kneeling, and then, about half a second later, hits the ground with a stopm. In order not to receive damage, you need to jump, be in the air during the impact.
SUCKER PUNCH – Necro’s most annoying attack, he dashes and punches with almost no warning. Jumps and dashes sometimes save you, but not always. To be guaranteed to avoid an attack, you need to run diagonally all the time (do not walk, but run, after double pressing the movement key).
WAVES OF SYRINGES – The only attack of Necro, after which he can be attacked – he begins to push away all players and clones and release waves of green syringes, which must be jumped over like a jumprope, after which he exhales and opens up for hits. You yourself will quickly get used to the rhythm of the jumps.
- Do not hit the boss with charged attacks, tackles, special combos, slides and dashes, usual spam of the hit button is more useful.
- Clones will spawn throughout the battle, the easiest way to ignore them, but at the same time you need to try to keep them on the other half of the screen so that when you start hitting Necro, they would not come to you from the back, and also get hit in the face along with the boss, As a bonus, Necro’s attacks are capable of wounding and pushing your clones as well.
- A bit of micromanagement with clones:
– Keep Necro and clones on one side of you;
– Sometimes it is better to spend time killing a clone and only then beat the boss a little;
– Use a slide to leave the clones behind you and a dash strike to throw them forward;
– Ivan and Boris can one-shot clones with their finishing moves.
- If after the second stage you still have a syringe, use it against the boss, do not throw it away and do not accidentally use it against the clone.
Phase Four — Bifurcation
- There is nothing special to add: there are two bosses, the battle becomes more difficult and VERY dependent on your luck. Bosses attack on their own, without connection between each other, which makes some of their attacks impossible to avoid, for example, when one Necro pushes you against the wall, and the second teleports his fist into your skull, or when they jump with a break of half a second. Try until you’re lucky.
- The key to success is getting to Fourth Phase healthy enough to be able to tank unfair attacks.
- The good news: even though there are two bosses, but now they have less health than in the Phase Three , you just need to make two full combos and that’s it, the battle is over.