Do you get a “Connection failed” error as soon as you launch the game? I do too. Here is how to fix it.
This fix only regards @mm_authresult_Http_Error_Response_Code error.
You get this error right after start, on welcome screen. Information panels are not loaded and soon dialog window pops up. You can press “retry” as much as you want, it will not let you in.If you try to search for it on official forum, you are bound to find many people with this problem and as many brazen solutions such as:
- update Windows. After few hours your up-to-date system suddenly became hopelessly outdated, sure.
- restart router. Such a picky router you have in there. It can run everything, but not this game. Not more than once.
- port forwarding. Such a mystery, right? How could it possibly run for the first time through locked ports, I wonder?
- verify game integrity. Yeah, right. It messed itself up while you were playing, but anticheat does not detect any file violations.
Do not waste your time on this profane shamanism.
Actual fix (but not guaranteed)
Disclaimer (You Should Read First):
1. This will help only for this exact error. Maybe for other errors too, I am not aware of that.
2. This solution may not work. Some people report it does not, while for most it still works.
3. You will have to do it every time you encounter this error. After each computer restart maybe. Or even each time you launch the game. That I cannot tell for sure.
4. It should not possibly ruin your system in slightest. But if it actually does, do not put a blame on me.
Steps to reproduce:
- Exit the game
- Open command line or PowerShell with admin rights
and hit enter
- If everything went right, you should see this message: “Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.”
Now you can start the game, it will hopefully work fine.
- New World: How to Fix “Refreshed Credentials Already Expired” Issue
- New World: How to Use a Controller
- New World: Leveling Guide (Start to Endgame)
- New World: All Achievements (How to Get)
- New World: All Titles (How to Unlock)