The season of expedition 3 is available and brings with it new missions which we must complete in 6 weeks. Create a new game and select Expeditions mode to start your adventure.
In an update, Hello Games added a new Expeditions feature which gives the game more structure than it’s ever had before. These are essentially seasons akin to Diablo, Path of Exile, or other games of that ilk. You start off with nothing, have a bunch of stuff the game wants you to accomplish and earn rewards along the way. At the end of the season your save file converts to a normal save and a new expedition starts with new goals, new locations, and you get to do it all over again. In this guide, we’ll be taking a look at the Cartographers Expedition including a list of all steps, rewards, and more!
The Cartographers Expedition is available for two months and should expire around November 8. Remember to go claim your previous rewards from the Anomaly if you completed them!
- Autodiagnostics 1 – Locate and board your ship.
- Earth Mover – Build and install a terrain manipulator.
- Foxhole – Use a cave to shelter against the storm.
- Homecoming – Establish your first base.
- Technosignature – Deploy and use a signal booster.
- Any Port in A Storm – Shelter inside an alien building.
- The Pilgrim – Explore 5,000 units on foot.
Complete phase one and you’ll get the Jetpack bubble trail customization.
These steps aren’t that difficult though it appears as if the Minotaur bay is currently bugged with some players getting a message saying each planet is limited to five. You have a few options here. Either find someone else’s base and use their exocraft station or take advantage of a bug and get credit for Mechanical Man by summoning another vehicle type. At the moment it seems like the Pilgrim completes the milestone for some reason.
- Autodiagnostics 2 – Restore starship launch systems.
- Power Surplus – Generate 150 power.
- Matter Transport – Construct a Teleporter for your base.
- Fear the Sun – Tunnel 1,000 units underground.
- Master of the Elements – Explore 1,500 units on foot during storms.
- Companionship – Adopt an animal companion.
- Mechanical Man – Deploy a minotaur heavy exosuit hybrid.
Complete phase two and you’ll get the Holographic Chart Projector plans.
Industrial machinery is going to take some time if you’ve never gotten there. You’ll need to find a place to put down your mineral extractors. So get that Research Station placed and get going.
- Autodiagnostics 3 – Repair your ship’s Waveform Engine.
- Geologist – Discover 18 minerals.
- Botanist – Discover 12 planetary flora.
- The Complete Fauna – Find all ten creatures on the starting planet.
- The Navigator – Chart four waypoints.
- Herbicide – Eliminate 20 hazardous flora.
- Industrialist – Extract 1,000 minerals using industrial machinery.
Complete phase three and you’ll get the Bio-Lantern plans.
One last note about Herox. You’ll need it to repair your ship and it’s not something that you’re just going to find lying around. There are a few different options. Either take the time to find Salvaged Data and unlock the Large Refiner where you can combine Ammonia, Cobalt, and Silver to make Herox. Or you can find a trading outpost and get the recipe for making Herox. Use an A-Class Exocraft Scanner and you should have no problem finding one.
- Autodiagnostics 4 – Repair the Pressurization Capsule in your starship.
- Spaceport Alpha – Visit a planetary outpost.
- Network Online – Construct an additional Teleporter. (May require a separate base)
- Cross Country – Travel 15,000 units by Exocraft.
- Detectorist – Dig up five buried items.
- The Hills Are Alive – Summit a mountain of at least 625 units.
- Rocketman – Spend 30 continuous seconds airborne.
- The Archaeologist – Excavate ten ancient bones.
Finish all of this and earn Saucer Fungus plans, Cave Creeper plans, Troglotulip plans, Veined Flat Caps plans, Fingery Deposit plans.
- Lift Off – Launch into space for the first time.
- The Acrobat – Perform 25 seconds of continuous low-flight maneuvers.
- Welcome Aboard – Dock with a Space Station.
- Rendezvous 1 – Reach the first rendezvous point.
- Autodiagnostics 5 – Repair the Frameshift Catapult to restore warp capabilities.
- Interstellar – Leave the initial system for the first time.
- Rendezvous 2 – Reach the second rendezvous point.
Finish all of this and earn the Globemaster Title, the Cartographers Expedition Decal plans, and Cartographers Expedition banner customization.
Completing the entire expedition rewards you with a Biological Horror Companion Egg which can only be earned through this Expedition.
- No Man’s Sky: How to get the Horrific Abyssal Treasure
- No Mans Sky: How to Get A Great Ammonia
- No man’s sky: How to Transfer Xbox Game Pass Saves to Steam
- No Man’s Sky: How to Restore Save Files on Permadeath
- No Man’s Sky: The Extended Colour Pallet Guide (No Mods)