Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition has been created by the indie development team of Brainwash Gang. it is now available on Steam now. here is a full guide on how to beat all the 5 bosses in the game.
Note: This is a copy-paste from the old Nongunz version.
1st boss – III
Small space with spikes around. You’ll fight mostly on the lower level + 1st left platformBehaviour:
- 1. III will first hover in the middle of the screen and will track your movement for a few seconds, then will launch itself in your direction.
- 2. Then it bounces off walls for a while. If you’ll stand exactly beneath it, it will be flying up and down in a predictable manner doing you no charm.
- 3. Boss will go back to the middle of the screen and spawn a few flies, then the pattern repeats. If you got a melee weapon you can get rid of them in 1-2 hits
- Any melee weapon (axe ftw) or aoe weapon (RPG, Grenade launcher, shotguns)
- Monkey skull (turrets) helps as well
- This can be done without any particular cards – get some for optional healing, damage bonus helps as well
2nd boss – XVII
Small room with no hazards.Behaviour:
- 1. Boss got two possible attacks – downward beam from nose and horizontal beams from ears.
- 2. It attacks only in this simple pattern switching from one beam to another
- 3. Beams can be dodged with rolls
- 4. XVII flies from left to right gradually going up and down in a repeatable pattern. When he flies low enough it will hit the player if not dodged.
- 5. Its attacks can launch player up in the air, also care for downward beam + launch + side beam combo as it can melt large part of our HP.
- 6. Our priority is to either slide underneath the boss and shot, or roll to dodge its attacks
- This can be done with pistol only without any problems
- For faster clear any non-explosive weapon with high per-round damage is recommended
- Monkey skull helps as well
- This can be done without any particular cards – get some for optional healing, damage bonus helps too
- Too much roll bonus can actually be troublesome as we will roll from one arena end to another
3rd boss – VI
Big room with spiked floor with small platforms on different levelsBehaviour:
- 1. VI flies from side to side on the same altitude. The less hp he got the faster it flies
- 2. Boss will drop its teeth from time to time for the duration of the fight. Lost teeth will respawn over time.
- 3. Every tooth got two possible behaviours – it will launch itself up in the air when player walks nearby or it will be inactive unless player jumps throug it (or roll in the air).
- 4. Every tooth is explosive and will detonate on contact with boss. It will also damage the player on contact on its way up and will detonate on any surface (including player, floor, boss) on its way down
- 5. Best strategy is to roll from higher to lower platforms to activate teeth on the way. Jumping over the tooth almost always cause contact damage.
- No weapon is needed, even green sniper with maximum attack bonus deals relatively low dps
- Some skulls that boost mobility can help, but are absolutely not needed
- You’ll want to get a lot of junk cards for healing, no particular bonus is necessary
4th boss – XII
Large room with spike pits on both ends with some platformsBehaviour:
- 1. Battle starts on the left side and XII chases you till the end of the floor – then it dissapears and comes back after a short delay to chase you from right to left and so on.
- 2. While you keep the attack button pressed you will keep shooting and it allows you to run in both left and right – use this fact to shot in one direction and run in the opposite way.
- 3. Explosive balls will spawn on the map – XII can absorb them to heal itself. You can step on them, take low damage (or shot them) and deny the healing.
- 4. XII got no other forms of harming you than contact damage (and explosive balls)
- 5. The boss is really fast compared to most enemies, without any preparations its hard to outrun it
- Monkey mask (turrets) is a tremendous help.
- Sniper rifle or other powerful green weapon (Axe in my case).
- Cards with movement speed bonus are HIGHLY advisable to outrun the boss
- Damage bonus helps as usual
5th boss – DCLXVI
PLOT SPOILER AT THE END OF VIDEO
Huge vertical area with many hazards and numerous platforms.
- 1. Boss won’t attack you in any way, the only way it can actually harm you is contact damage.
- 2. The more damage it takes the higher it will hover.
- 3. Keep shoting at it while avoiding hazards (syringes, blood, spikes) and advance to a higher platforms
- 4. Even on the smallest platforms it is possible to shot and not be hit by dropping blood when you stay on the edge
- 5. You wont be able to jump into some of the higher platforms without skulls/jump bonus
- Get your best green weapons, sniper + axe is my personal preference
- Green monkey turret helps a lot
- Eagle skull or high jump bonus IS A MUST
- The more cards with damage bonus the better
- High jumping bonus is needed when you don’t have eagle skull
- Avoid taking too much movement speed bonus – it will make jumping from platform to platform more difficult
- Avoid taking too much roll bonus – same as above but will make moving through spike fields more difficult