This guide is only intended for those people who do not trust BattlEye and do not want it running on their system. It is not intended to enable cheating online!
It is not intended to enable cheating online. I will not be held responsible for any bans you may receive if you are caught cheating with BattlEye disabled. Consider yourself warned.
Locating the game
- Open Steam and switch to the library view if it’s not already there.
- Find “Outlaws of the Old West” in the list of games down the left side.
- Right click and select “Properties…” from the menu.
- In the window that opened select the “LOCAL FILES” tab at the top.
- Click on “BROWSE LOCAL FILES…”. This will open a file browser window at the game’s location.
- Navigate to the BattleEye installation by opening the folder called “Outlaws”, then “Binaries”, then “Win64” and finally “BattlEye”. Now, you will see Uninstall_BattlEye.bat but unfortunately Microsoft decided to no longer support batch files being run with a double click so you will have to run it manually in CMD.EXE
- In the file browser right click the path near the top of the window that ends “> Outlaws > Binaries > Win64 > BattlEye” and select “Copy address as text”.
- Hold the Windows key and press R to bring up a “Run” dialog and type “cmd” (without the quotes) in the text entry area then click OK.
- Now type the following (without the quotes) “cd ” followed with CTRL-V to paste the address. Now enter the command with the return key.
- Your prompt should now show the address to the BattlEye folder. If nothing seemed to happen then you are on a different drive to where the game is installed. Just enter the first 2 characters of the address (E.G. “D:”) and this will switch to the correct drive and will now show the BattlEye address as the prompt.
- Type “Uninstall_BattlEye” and press return. This will now start the uninstall procedure, just follow the prompts.
- You can now close the command prompt window.
Yep, I know that was long winded, thank Microsoft for that! But we are still not quite ready yet.
Disable the plugin
- Navigate back one level to the “Win64” folder. Now you can optionally delete the BattlEye folder.
- Delete the “Outlaws-Win64-Shipping_BE” executable.
- Make a copy of the “Outlaws-Win64-Shipping” executable by selecting it and pressing CTRL-C followed with CTRL-V.
- Rename the copy to “Outlaws-Win64-Shipping_BE”.
- Navigate back 2 levels to the “Outlaws” folder (not the base “Outlaws of the Old West” folder).
- Open the “Plugins” folder.
- Delete the “BattlEyeIntegration” folder and all its contents.
At last it’s done, you are now ready to play without BattlEye!
- Last Oasis: How To Unlock CPU Priority
- DayZ: How to Add MODDED Items to Your Trader (2020)
- Civilization VI – How to Add Mods on MAC
- Immortal Redneck: How to Fix the Black Screen on Start-up
- One Step From Eden: How to Install Mods