This guide shows you how to play Psychonauts 2 with a DS4 and PlayStation button prompts.
Connect your DS4
Configure your DS4 profile
- Open DS4Windows and wait until your DS4 shows up.
- Create a new profile.
- When prompted, select “Yes” to use a preset option.
- Leave the preset on “Gamepad” and change the “Output Controller” to “DualShock 4”
- Name the profile “Psychonauts 2” (or anything you want) in the top left input box.
- Click on the Touchpad tab, and change the “Output Mode” to “Passthru”
- Save the profile.
- Make sure that the Psychonauts 2 profile is selected.
- Minimize DS4Windows and leave it running.
It is an unfortunate tradeoff, but I think it’s worth it compared to playing the game with Xbox button prompts.
Turn off the built-in DS4 support on Steam
- Right click on Psychonauts 2 in your Steam Library and click “Properties”.
- Click the “Controller” tab.
- Select the option “Disable Steam Input”.
- Close the window.
Play the game!
During gameplay, pressing the touchpad will bring up Raz’s in-game manual. I’ve read some people have issues accessing the manual using the DS4 (I’ve experienced that too), but everything seems to work correctly using this setup.
- Psychonauts 2: How to Play on Windows 7
- Psychonauts 2: How to Restart Your Save File
- Psychonauts 2: How to Fix LowLevelFatalError Error
- Psychonauts 2: How to Change Raz’s Outift
- Psychonauts 2: Psitanium Farm Guide