There’s not many, but some specific BM skills or plug-ins can help lessen the grind, even if only a little. Keep in mind Yuito and Kasane’s brain maps are structured a bit differently, so these skills may not be in the exact same spot as the other if you choose to play both stories.
– Item Attraction: Automatically draws in enemy drops near you. It has a very generous collection field so you’ll never accidentally leave behind a drop from a hectic battle. This doesn’t work for Environment Data Points or Green Item data points.
– Brain Crush Money Bonus: Get more Kins for killing an enemy with Brain Crush. If you’re able to buy something you need with Kins, then maybe you don’t even need to waste your precious materials in the first place. The more money the better.
– Additional Plug-In Slot 1 & 2: Gain an additional plug-in slot for Yuito/Kasane (up to 3). Trust me, you’ll want these beyond just grinding for mats. Try to get them as soon as you’re comfortable getting them.
– Special Mission Pay Bonus: +5% Kins gained from killing enemies. Combine this with Brain Crush Money Bonus and you can rack up Kins just a bit easier if you’re in dire need of them.
Now, in addition to these things, I would strongly encourage you to focus on increasing your crush effect. Enemies are guaranteed to drop an item if you kill them using Brain Crush. Not only that, it is the fastest way to kill enemies if you’re able to perform your actions just right. So, this isn’t only for grinding, but just a great general gameplay tip. You could kill enemies in half the time it would normally take with Brain Crush. This is every Brain Map skill and Plug-in that increases your crush effect in some way, shape or form:
– Psychokinesis Crush Effect Up: Crush Effect +5% with Psychokinetic attacks
– Psychokinesis Crush Effect Up 2 (Kasane only): Additional +5% Crush Effect
– Weapon Crush Effect Up: +5% Crush Effect with your weapon
– Weapon Crush Effect Up 2 (Yuito only): Additional +5% Crush Effect
– Power Up 1: +5% to Power stat
– Power Up 2 (Kasane Only): Additional +5% Power
– Attack Up 1: +5% to Attack stat
– Attack Up 2 (Yuito Only): Additional +5% Attack
– Concurrent SAS Activation 1 & 2: Use up to 4 SAS effects at once. If you play your cards just right you can wipe out the crush gauge with ease combining SAS. Recommended crush combos will be shown later.
– Brain Crush SAS Restore: Restores some of the gauge of the current SAS effect(s) being used. Multiple Brain Crushes in quick succession can lead you to prolong most SAS effects for a very long time, leading to easier brain crushes. This also works with “Concurrent SAS Activation”, it will restore the gauge of every currently active SAS effect if you do a Brain Crush.
– Brain Drive Status Up: +10% to Attack, Power, and Defense while Brain Drive is active.
– Brain Drive Restore Brain Drive 1 & 2: While Brain Drive is active, restore some of the BD gauge whenever you perform a Brain Crush. Staying in BD for as long as possible helps dramatically with easier Brain Crushes since you’re much more powerful using BD. Of course, this isn’t terribly useful for major bosses since they’re 1-on-1s and you can only perform 2-3 brain crushes at most, but anywhere else, especially against multiple waves of mobs it’s very helpful.
– BD Consecutive Assault Vision: Use multiple Assault Visions in quick succession if one is activated during Brain Drive. This does absolutely massive damage, and most assault visions will annihilate the enemy’s crush gauge by a significant amount. This is more for late game, though; around Phase 9 when you have more party members and most are at bond level 4 to perform Assault Visions.
– Max Psy. Gauge Boost 1 & 2: Increase the Psy Gauge. This is more for Kasane since her psychokinesis is much more powerful than Yuito’s, but any Psychokinetic attack on an enemy’s weak point (especially if paired with Shiden’s Electrokinesis or Hanabi’s Pyrokinesis) can drain the crush gauge by a huge amount.
– Slam Attack: Perform a powerful downward strike from mid-air. More useful with Yuito given his focus is on his weapon, but this works well with Kasane too. It might not sound like much, but it’s quite powerful and can drain the crush gauge by a significant amount. Doubly so with, again, Electrokinesis or Pyrokinesis.
I encourage you to use Enhance/Specialize Crush, which Increase Crush Effect by 5% and 10% respectively, at the cost of -5% or -10% Attack. The downside is pretty miniscule considering how much you can deplete the crush gauge before that damage reduction even matters. Heck, you even can use the “System Double Edge Sword” plug-in that increases your damage done by 20% but damage taken is also increased by 20%. If you’re confident in your abilities, I recommend using that with Specialize Crush because this will negate the damage penalty. You can use both Enhance and Specialize crush if you wish, but I feel it’s more efficient to use the “Power Enhance” plug-ins for Kasane and the “Weapon Attack Specialization” for Yuito.
For reference, here’s the plug-ins I use for Kasane. For Yuito, replace Power Enhance with Weapon Attack Specialization.
Thanks to Scout for his great guide, all credit to his effort. you can also read the original guide from Steam Community. enjoy the game.