- In your Steam Library, right-click Shadow Empire to open the context menu
- Select Manage.. and then Browse Local Game Files
- Scroll down in the Windows Explorer window that opens until you find windows.txt
- Double-click this file to open it in Notepad.
It will say something like:
dpi_by_windows=off windowed_mode=off windowed_mode_w=1280 windowed_mode_h=768
- We are going to edit this to our preferences. For example, to have the game run in a 1080p window, we would change it to:
dpi_by_windows=off windowed_mode=on windowed_mode_w=1920 windowed_mode_h=1080
- Change the values to your preference and save and close the document.
- Run the game! After you click through the launcher, the game should now be running in a window at the resolution that you’ve specified!
dpi_by_windows=off windowed_mode=off windowed_mode_w=1920 windowed_mode_h=1080
If windowed_mode is set to off, then the game will use your desktop resolution instead of the values in windows.txt
- The mouse is locked to the window by default. To change this, on the main game screen select Prefs -> GFX & Resolution and click the Mouse Lock button
- Shadow Empire does not support Edge Scrolling when run in a window. To scroll the map you should use the keyboard arrow keys or use the in-game mini-map
- The Outer Worlds: How to Fix Ultrawide Fullscreen
- Yakuza Like a Dragon: How to Fix Game not starting in Windows 10
- When The Past Was Around: How to Fix Resolution Stucked
- Apex Legends Launch Options (11/2020)
- Blood of Steel: How to Change Graphic Detail & Resolution before game loads