For identifying item pool.
Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.
Power Up Grass
Piece of Paper
Squid Sushi Scroll
Pot Dog Scroll
Pot God Scroll
Trap Deletion Scrl
Dispel Aura Scroll
Mnster House Scrl
Swift Foe Scroll
Vacuum Slash Scrl
Trap Del. Staff
Staff of Sacrifice
Shrine Maid. Pot
Shadow Bind Tal.
Can. Arm Bracelet
Wall Clip Bracelet
Time Stop Bracelet
Status (Bless / Curse / Seal) will affect the price.
Bless adds 10% while Curse or Seal decreases 20%.
For staff / pot, staff charges / pot size will increase the price.
For weapon & shield, the level and upgrade count.
The only unidentifiable item is Bracelet.
If you meet the wandering peddler / floor merchant, pay attention to the Bracelet’s price:
- Can. Arm (Thrown items pierce through forever. Very Situational)
- Strength (+3. More Strength = More damage & can dig out shiny spots)
- Monster Detector (Reveal red dots)
- Item Detector (Reveal blue dots)
- Growth Bracelet (meh Situational. 1 turn = 1 exp)
My recommendation would be Monster Detector (know your enemy = know where to run)
If the price listed is 110%, it’s Blessed (prevent Curse, Seal, Onigiri. It can still wear off, though)
Go ahead and equip the bracelet to find out its effect.
If it’s only 80% (i.e. 4000), wow what a saving! don’t equip it! It has a negative effect!
If it’s sealed, the effect is disabled (Is this Monster or Item Detector?).
If it’s cursed, you can’t take it off.
“But bat0! I really want it! I have the money! But I don’t think I can reach the top”
I got u, fam. BUY it then use Escape Scroll / Undo Grass.
(and go to the Curse Breaker shop if it’s cursed or sealed)
“But bat0! I don’t have the scroll or grass! What now?”
Let Jirokichi faint. MAKE him! When you go to the next floor, you’ll be back at the village.
(What if you fainted instead? Jirokichi will hold your equipment and wait for you to return)
“…Couldn’t I take advantage of this mechanic?”
Yes! You can.
If you’re thinking of stealing and your plan is “I only need this ONE item! *taps forehead*”.
If that item is not Zalokleft Pot or a certain New Item with Transient Staff as base…
it probably won’t work.
There are more to be said about thievery and New Item, but that will be for another guide.
- Shiren the Wanderer The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate Tanuki Passwords
- Shiren the Wanderer The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate Trap List
- Shiren the Wanderer The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate: Shiren 5 Inventory Guide
- Her3 : The Light of Paradise Regained – All Endings Guide
- 9th Dawn III: Basic Guide to Card Game