A guide on how to get the game running on Windows 7
– Download the version of your choice
– Unzip the folder
– Right click on Sonic Frontiers on Steam, go to “Manage” and click “Browse Local Files”
– Open the “x64” folder in the zip
– Place d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll in the folder with SonicFrontiers.exe
– Download “KexSetup_x64Rel.exe”
– Run the installer
– Once it’s installed, go back to the folder with SonicFrontiers.exe
– Right click it and open “Properties”
– You’ll see a new VxKex tab. Open it and check the boxes “Enable VxKex for this program” and “Disable VxKex for child processes” and hit Apply.
You should now be able to run the game on Windows 7. There are a few graphical glitches since the game wasn’t made for Vulkan but overall it’s fully playable. (Only one I’ve noticed so far is at Big’s fishing pond). Let me know if this method doesn’t work in the comments and I’ll try to help you.