A guide to earn all the Achievements of The Mystery of Caketropolis.
There’s a lot to explore and do in the game, and this guide will help you gain all the achievements in the game.
That said, I do implore you to try to beat the story playthroughs on your own firs before looking to the guide. There will be story spoilers in the later parts of this guide, so consider yourselves warned!
Story Related Achievements
Meet with Ol’ Smokey on Day One.
Witness the destruction of Caketropolis on Day Two.
Meet with Verdori on Day Two.
Discover the second murder on Day Three.
Complete and escape the factory maze on Day Three.
Break in the main suspect’s home on Day Four.
Complete the main story on your first playthrough.
The pages can be found in these locations and the earliest you can get them, though you can pick up most of them on later days as well;
Page 1 – The main crossroads into Stalagshire, in the lower left on Day One.
Page 2 – In the northern part of the city, go west as soon as you can (Toward Avis and Ray’s house) then head south on Day One.
Page 3 – In the southern area near City Hall, in the top right on Day Two.
Page 4 – On Day Three, you’ll find it near the piano in the bazaar.
Page 5 – One Day Three, just to the south of where you go to enter the factory. This one is the most missable.
After you have all five pages, take them back to Ethyriel for your reward of his Mirror item and the achievement.
– Talk to the people about the area and compliment them to make them like Faul (Gains you DP).
– Knock on people’s doors repeatedly and run away until the people get mad (loses you DP).
After completing this, you can talk to Faul against to complete the quest.
As a tip, answer all the ‘best’ answers to get a Rimplush that heavily boosts your DP and all the ‘evil’ answers to get a Rimplush that greatly lowers your DP.
Clue 1 – The lone scarecrow on the farms east of the guy making well puns. You can get here on Day One.
Clue 2 – Behind the clock tower of City Hall in the southern part of the city. You’ll need to interact with the back of the clock tower. You can access this place as early as the night of Day Two.
Clue 3 – The statue in the park is the final clue. You cannot access this area until Day Four. It is accessed from the southern part of the bazaar.
Second Playthrough Achievements
There are two keypads, and if you look at the mural at the back, it tells you with the arrows which pad to use for which letter. (L) means the letter on the left keypad and (R) is the Right.
R (R) – A (R) – J (L) – A (L) – W (R) – Y (L) – V (R) – E (L) – R (L) – N (R)
To do so, you need to do the following during the adventure:
– See the above achievement for unlocking the Safe to get the Dragon Compass to start the run.
– On Day One, explore the shack next to Rimentus’ lair. You’ll find scents on the bags that they have been used recently if you use the Command ‘Smell’ on the sleeping bags.
– On Day Two, during the stealth section with the hunters in the jungle, you need to get to the top right of the map and you’ll find a hidden path in the north. Search it to find the footprints near the river and interact with them to get the next step.
– On Day Three, after you start the escape section from the factory, ignore leaving and run to the far right and into the secret area that now will have opened up. You will need to move a couple of the barrels in the puzzle, but there is enough time to do so. You’ll find another human scent here.
– On Day Four, when you break into Cerio’s house, you want to head into the basement to collect the evidence. The password is found behind the grandfather clock (CHIFFON) and the key combination is the code you’ll find in the office for ‘playing videogames’. It’s the same style as opening the safe on Day One.
C (L) – H (L) – I (R) – F (R) – F (L) – O (R) – N (L)
Collect the evidence and leave.
– Complete the game from here. This will allow you access to the true final boss and the best ending.
For example, in the quest to get peanut butter, if you have high DP, you will be gifted the peanut butter from the milk bar, where if you have negative DP, you’ll have to steal it from the bazaar seller.
Do good deeds and say kind things to gain DP, where do bad things or say scary or mean things to lose them. You can also equip items to help boosting or lowering the DP. There’s FAR too many things for me to go into how to do these, so best for you to explore and discover how to them yourself.
There are two achievements related to DP and both of them are relating to collecting people for Insignium’s speech.
The Final Hidden Achievement
As this is serious story spoilers, I’ll be warning you now that spoilers follow below, but because of how complex all details how to get this achievement get, I cannot spoiler the details without it becoming an eye sore.
In order to get this achievement, you need to clear the final boss of Verdori while taking no damage. This will require you to complete all side quests and collect all the needed items to fight Verdori in preparation and also to understand how the fight of Verdori works to ensure you perform it right.
First, the items during the story;
Packet of Boiled Soup – Complete Faul’s storyline on Day One.
Bag of Marbles – In the cell in the DCP lockup on Day Two (details below).
Pile of Dirt – Found at the end of the small alley beneath the farm with the scarecrows.
Humidifier – Complete the storyline with Insignium and Fleur to reunite them.
Ilivia’s Brooch – Complete the treasure hunt sidequest.
Magic Mirror – Complete Ethyriel’s journal and return it to him.
For most of the items, you’ll get them by completing the quest that awarded you the achievements.
The Pile of Dirt is missable, but seems to be added to your inventory on Day Three’s start if you missed or used it.
The Bag of Marbles is tricky to get unless you know where to look as there’s no quest chain or achievement relating to it, so I’ll explain here;
Here’s my suggestions to the options that got me the desired results;
1: Rest – Scrub – Gentle – Horizontal Bars – 86%
2: Rest – Randomly – Tap – Wobble – Push – 40%
Once you escape your cell, go to the cell at the far right and you’ll find inside it a Bag of Marbles.
Once you have all the items, it’s time to take on Verdori.
The fight seems random, but Verdori follows a set pattern and there is items and tactics to deal with him.
First, the items;
Packet of Boiled Soup – Forces Verdori to skip 1 Turn
Bag of Marbles – Forces Verdori to skip 1 Turn
Pile of Dirt – Forces Verdori to skip 1 Turn
Humidifier – Forces Verdori to skip 3 Turns
Ilivia’s Brooch – Makes you permanently immune to Verdori’s Swipe attack
Magic Mirror – Makes you invulnerable for 2 turns
Next, is to understand the tactics of fighting Verdori.
- You always attack first.
- Verdori will sometimes gnash his teeth or pace about the room. These are effectively free turns as he won’t do anything there.
- When you attack Verdori on your third attack, you’ll stun him that turn and also again on your twelfth attack against him.
- Defend reduces your damage, but effectively also skips your turn (you’ll need this).
- Items take effect as soon as you use it.
- To win, you simply need to survive 20 rounds of combat.
So, with that in mind, here is the order of Verdori’s moves and your tactics to take in order to get past the boss fight while taking no damage.
With this, you should get through the battle with no damage, but the cutscene still shows you beaten to a pulp. Hence the achievement’s brilliant name!