The Outer Worlds doesn’t support fullscreen ultrawide resolutions, only windowed fullscreen.
Increasing FOV surely helps, but here’s some values to change to be able to play the game in fullscreen mode with an ultrawide monitor.
Go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Indiana\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor and edit the following values in the GameUserSettings.ini file:
I also changed the FOV to 110 that seems to be a good value for me at this resolution:
And then, if you want, you can add this string in the Engine.ini file to remove the blurry chromatic aberration:
If you change any settings in-game, these files will be overwritten, so you have to make them read-only, and remember to not open the settings menu or you’ll be stuck in a loop if you say “No” to the request of applying the new settings.
- Call of Cthulhu: How to Fix Resolution Issues 2020
- Shadow Empire: How to Run Game in a Window
- Shattered Tale of the Forgotten King: How to Play in 2K & 4K Resolution
- Dungeon Defenders: How to Fix Blurry Textures & VRAM Limit
- Destroy All Humans!: How To Set Custom Resolution