Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to extract music in Total War ROME REMASTERED game.
For the music extract to work, you must have the IDX extractor tool which will extract the music. The download can be found here:
Create a folder called whatever you want.
Create a folder inside that folder called data.
Create a folder inside data called sounds.
sounds folder is where you will copy and paste the music.idx.feral and music.dat.feral files.
Navigate to Total War ROME REMASTERED\Contents\Resources\Data\data\sounds you are looking for 2 files: music.idx.feral and music.dat.feral.
Copy music.idx.feral and music.dat.feral. Paste them into your new created sounds folder.
Rename music.idx.feral and music.dat.feral music files so the .feral extension is removed. The names should be music.idx and music.dat
Paste the SoundExtractor folder you downloaded into the folder you created that contains the “data” folder.
A black window will open up prompting you to extract the music. The music will begin the extracting process.
This is only a very basic guide using an old extractor used for the older games. If anyone has a better way or if there’s something I missed let me know n the comments
- Total War ROME REMASTERED: How to Transfer saves from Original to Remastered (Step-by-step Tutorial)
- Total War ROME REMASTERED: How to Port over the Tier 4-5 BI Buildings to Vanilla
- Total War ROME REMASTERED: Mercenary Tier List
- Total War ROME REMASTERED: Basic Campaign Strategy For All Factions
- Total War ROME REMASTERED: Maintaining Public Order (When to occupy, Enslave or Exterminate a Settlement)