Here is a step-by-step guide on how to improve performance on PC. you can Improve Loading and Black Screen with this guide.
Install Vainglory to an SSD
Let’s learn about storage. You can store things in many places, but for our gaming purposes, we’re only interested in HDD and SSD. SSD is faster and thus is better for Vainglory. If possible, install the game to a SSD and not to an HDD.
If you want a more technical explanation, you can read the quote below. If you believe me, just skip it.
In its simplest form, an SSD is flash storage and has no moving parts whatsoever. As a result, they’re smaller and take up less space in a PC case, in some instances even mounting directly to the motherboard. SSD storage is much faster than its HDD equivalent.
HDD storage is made up of magnetic tape and has mechanical parts inside. They’re larger than SSDs and much slower to read and write.
Now, if you can’t afford a SSD or don’t want to buy one, keep reading the guide. If you installed Vainglory to a SSD and still have issues, keep reading the guide as well.
Emptying Your HDD
I recommend uninstalling any games you don’t currently play and any non-essential programs you don’t currently use.
To play Vainglory on a HDD without black screen and without any loading freeze, I used to have this hard disk with 91% empty space, and I’m talking about my main hard disk. It was not some partition I made, it was the whole thing. 91% emptiness. That’s like the void in the universe.
Optimization for Increased Loading Speed
1. Restart the computer
2. Run CCleaner. You can download it here
3. Select “Custom Clean” -> Click “Analyze” -> Wait for it to be completed -> Click “Run Cleaner”
4. Select “Registry” -> Click “Scan for Issues” -> Wait for it to be completed -> Click “Fix selected Issues”
5. Restart the computer one more time
6. Wait for the system and all programs to completely load
1. Do all your browsing, exploring, visit everything you want to, wishlist etc., everything you want to do on Steam besides playing a game
2. Right-click Steam in your taskbar -> Click “Exit”
3. Start Steam again
Steam is not only a launcher, it’s also a browser. Everytime you browse, visit a forum, game page, guide, whatever, it uses more and more computer resources, including RAM.
“Oh but I closed those windows. Oh but I only open one tab at a time and later I close them.”
It doesn’t matter. This is an ongoing issue with Steam. The more you explore, the more resources it takes. You have to restart it after browsing if you don’t want those resources used. For maximum performance, do all your browsing, and when you decide to play a game, restart Steam just before you launch the game. Also remember to pre-load with practice mode, it’s described below.
2. Click “PLAY” -> Select “Practice” -> Wait for the game to load -> Surrender the match
2. Click “PLAY” -> Select “Bots” -> Select “Blitz” -> Wait for the game to load -> Play until the end of the match
4. Click “PLAY” -> Select any mode you want, you probably will be able to play normally now
- Vainglory: How to Change Language
- League of Maidens: Infinite Loading, Steam Overlay, and Stall Fixes
- Warm Village: How to Install English Translation
- DesktopMMD: How to Select a Model
- Disc Space: Tips & Tricks