A guide to beating John’s Challenge, also known as the Triple Threat Challenge.
Enable the following skills:
- Swarm Diversion
The user calls for its swarm to fly around the target, lowering the target’s Accuracy by 2 stages.
- Deep Cut
Furiously scratch the target, making the target bleed. Has a 50% chance to increase the user’s Attack by 1 stage.
- Desert Winds
Summon a powerful sandstorm, increasing the effectiveness of Sand Coromon.
Sprinkle sleeping powder over the target, putting it to sleep.
Note that 3 of the 4 Skills listed above are Flash Skills.
- Open settings, navigate to battle and allow easy wild encounters. This allows you to pick a Coromon from your squad when entering a wild encounter.
- Open items, go to usables and use a Frigid Scent, this has a chance to apply freeze on wild Coromon for 3 minutes.
- Save the game.
From this point, the actual challenge begins. Keep encountering wild until you encounter a level 30 or higher Pyrochick or Acie afflicted with Freeze (The Coromon will flash light blue on encounter). If not, pick a strong Coromon and run from the battle.
Once you encounter the right Coromon, execute the next steps:
- Use Swarm Diversion three or four times. This will lower the opponent’s Accuracy.
- Use Desert Winds once. This will lower opponent’s Accuracy (Unconfirmed).
- Use Deep Cut once. This will damage the opponent, may cause Bleed effect.
- Use Sandman once. This will put the opponent to sleep.
- Rotate between Deep Cut and Sandman to keep damaging the opponent and making them sleep. Repeat this until the opponent has been defeated.
If your Lumon faints, close the game and relaunch. This tactic relies heavily on luck, but took me about an hour to complete.
- Coromon: Type Chart, Strengths and Weaknesess
- Coromon: Jebediah’s Test Answers (2nd Town)
- Coromon: All Purrghasts Guide (How to Cat Correctly)