This guide contains solutions for error codes related to the Rockstar Games Launcher.
The Social Club failed to load due to an incomplete installation (error code 0)
Error Code 0 & 1
When attempting to start the game, Rockstar Games Social Club will claim to install pre-requisites and run updates, but will ultimately fail and repeat error code 0 on each launch.
The first step is to navigate to:
Settings (Win+I) > Privacy & security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Virus & threat protection settings > Manage settings
Once you have navigated Virus & threat protection settings, simply turn Real-time protection OFF. This will be re-enabled later on.
Now Real-time protection is disabled, it’s time to navigate to the Rockstar Games folders. The folders should be located on the same drive the game is installed on.
- Folder 1 is located in D:/Program Files
- Folder 2 in D:/Program Files (x86)
- Folder 3 in This PC > Documents
NOTE: If your game is installed on a different drive, simply replace D:/ with the appropriate drive.
Now you must allow all Groups and User Names Full Control in the Security panel.
- Right-click each Rockstar Games folder
- Click any Group or User Names and press Edit
- Go through each Group/User Name and grant them Full Control, including any other checkable Allow permissions
- Once done (for each folder in the aforementioned paths), press Apply then OK.
Launch the Rockstar Games Launcher. It should now load and present you with a login screen and once the information has been entered the game will start.
Now you must go back to Virus & threat protection settings and re-enable Real-time protection.
- Grand Theft Auto V: Best Graphic Mods 2021 (Beginners Tutorial)
- Grand Theft Auto V: How to get Numero Uno Achievement (Steam Version)