A quick and simple guide on How to Reset Shaders when needed.
What do you need this information for?
Over the time it can happen that those shader-files get corrupted. In such case you want to force the game to recompile them. For that reason you need to delete the existing shader-files first.
These You need to Delete
..\Steam\steamapps\shadercache\1446780\ <— all folders
..\Steam\steamapps\common\MonsterHunterRise\ <— shader.cache*
OR in your Steam Library folders if you are using individual pathing and additional folders throughout your hardware.
Typical Shaders-related Issues
- Fur not rendering
- Bad textures
- General loading errors
- Various graphics glitches
- Bad colours
- Stuttering and framerate issues
- Infinite loading screen
Is this safe?
That is because each PC with their individual graphics cards do render the shader-files individually. That means you are not deleting anything which you needed to download before. You are just forcing the game and your graphics cards to make those files anew.
Steam comes with the function to verify your downloaded game files if they are okay or if any part of them is corrupted and needs to be redownloaded.
However, shader-files are not verified by that function because they have never been downloaded among the other game files. They are created directly on your personal computer by your graphics cards.
- MONSTER HUNTER RISE: Recommended Keyboard & Mouse Control Settings
- MONSTER HUNTER RISE: How to Use the Nintendo Switch Controller on PC
- MONSTER HUNTER RISE: KB Button Layout For Gunners (Steam Version)
- MONSTER HUNTER RISE: How to Unlock FPS and Higher Resolution (Works in Cutscenes Steam Version)