Need for Speed™ is a racing game released via Steam, here is a simple guide on how to fix audio and controls.
To fix the low audio we need to do some file editing.
- Open your file browser and go to:
C:\Users\*User*\Documents\Need For Speed\settings\PROFILEOPTIONS_profile
- Open PROFILEOPTIONS_profile using notepad or notepad++
- Look for the following options:
- Replace them with:
- Save and close PROFILEOPTIONS_profile
- Now go in-game;
Make sure StereoMixdown is off and you should be good to go.
Note: This is the sound mixing I like. Fell free to play with these values.
- In-game; go to Settings > Controls > Wheel Controls
- Select “Customise” (Not sure why they used the British spelling…)
- Now unbind everything you can.
This is easily done by making your way down the list and binding everything to the same key.
I left the last key “open map” bound to the same button as the default Xbox controls for redundancy and it seems to work as intended.
- Restart your game for good measure and you should be set.
Note: I think there is a way to do this from the PROFILEOPTIONS_profile file, but haven’t had a chance to tinker with it.
If anyone has a way to do this, please message me and I will update this guide.
- STAR WARS™: Squadrons – How to Increase VR Audio
- How to Fix Parental Controls Issue in WWE 2K19 PS4
- PC Building Simulator: How to Take Notes
- Creature Clicker – Capture, Train, Ascend! Save Files Locations
- Empire of Sin: How to enable the Dev Menu