In this guide, I will show you how to run the Resident Evil Village on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, which does not support DirectX12.1.
You need to force the game to use a special Vkd3d wrapper that will translate DirectX12 calls to the Vulkan API. This wrapper was developed and is being developed to use on Linux operating systems. The developers write: “Do not expect games running on Windows 7 and 8.1 to magically make use of VKD3D-Proton, as many games will only even attempt to load d3d12.dll if they are running on Windows 10.”
Surprisingly it worked with the Resident Evil Village.
But Windows 7 requires more workarounds than Windows 8.1.
Preparing and launching
2. Open the downloaded archive dxvk-1.8.1L.tar.gz.
3. Copy the files from the x64 directory to the game directory.
4. Start the game (If you are using Windows 7, go to “Windows 7” section).
5. You should wait for the black screen to disappear. The game hangs on a black screen for 3 minutes, then it starts working (on my configuration).If you want the video to play in the game, then you need to follow all the steps from the “Windows 7” section (the game works without them, but if you do not follow them, then, for example, after the “Quixel” logo there will be just a gray background instead of playback video).Windows 8.1 x64, Palit Geforce 1050ti KalmX with driver 422.214.171.124 – the game works
1. Download and install Explorer Suite.
2. Open re8demo.exe with CFF EXplorer.
5. Then select “mfplat.dll” module from the list.
6. Double click “MFCreateDXGIDeviceManager” and replace the value to “MFStartup”.
7. Click the save button.
8. Start the game. But if you have connection problems, then go to the “Windows 7 Connection problems” section.
9. You should wait for the black screen to disappear. The game hangs on a black screen for 3 minutes, then it starts working (on my configuration).
Windows 7 Connection problems
1. Open Notepad and paste this code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Client] "DisabledByDefault"=dword:00000000 "Enabled"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Server] "DisabledByDefault"=dword:00000000 "Enabled"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp] "DefaultSecureProtocols"=dword:00000800 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp] "DefaultSecureProtocols"=dword:00000800
2. Save file as TLS.reg.
3. Open TLS.reg by double-click and choose “Yes”.
5. Start the game.
- None Found