Just little things that can give you an advantage in some situations and some basic stuff about classes and weapons.
Before you read
2. You can’t ping through the glass and smoke.
3. if you are out of ammo swap to your pistol instead of reloading it in close and intense fights. you can even pick up a weapon from the ground quickly to use it but be aware of the risk that it can be empty or low on ammo already when you picking it up.
4. Always switch your pistol after killing an enemy to their primary weapon if it’s in range and it’s safe to do.
5. You can use an EMP grenade and get a hit mark if you affect the enemy player. you can use this to proximately guess their location or use it to know if anyone is there or not be aware that if you destroy a placement or gadget of enemy you will get a broken wrench icon under your Cursor.
6. Never ever pick a sniper in long-range and never ever slow pick them. the best way to pick them in close range to medium is rolling out off cover they 99% of the time will miss their shot. the counterplay to roll pick as a sniper is by waiting for the roll to end and then take your shot.
7. Always look for traps (mins, ronin knife, etc), they down you instantly and I see a lot of players not paying attention and dying to them. EMP is the best way to get rid of them but keep your EMP for the last second that you going to push so they cant replace another one.
8. You can switch between gadgets by default it’s set to 5 I recommend changing it to 4 since you will be using a lot more. go to settings/bindings
9. Use your gadgets and abilities carefully. mastering how to use them and when to use them is important as much as your shooting skills. I can’t cover this in text and image so I leave it here maybe I make a video about it in the future.
10. if you are the defender remember that the timer is on your side if the time runs out you win so pay attention to that you can sometimes turn 1vs2 to 1vs1 as one has to plant or they lose to time and some other nasty strategies that are situational. I’m not going to explain them one by one just be creative about it.
11. Pay attention to the sound around you Footsteps are so important and you can hear when someone is reviving, planting, defusing, and some of the deployable and when someone using the zipline.
12. if you are having a face to face fight just use your melee weapon or your bare fists it works well.
13. The best way to learn is by watching streamers that are really good at the game you can learn a lot from them trust me. and when watching them see how they’re positioning themselves and pay attention to how and when they’re using their gadgets.
14. Know your weapon limitation! more info is down below.
15. Know your weapon class limitation! more info is down below.
Know your weapon limitation!
Rifles and DMR: these weapons are the best at medium-range but you can easily take fights at any range except that you will be always at a little disadvantage if you are too close or too far from your enemy. so what you wanna do is to rely on your gadgets and force your enemy to move out of cover and then shoot them. to be honest your job is not to push but to cover for the person with SMG or shotgun that is pushing.
Snipers: well snipers suck at any range than long at first till you get good at it and use it effectively
in medium-range as well. sniper is the best in covering your team and opening new opportunities for your SMG or shotgun to push since one-shot deal at least 60 body damage with no upgrades.
so if you die in close range to an SMG while you have DMR it doesn’t always mean that the enemy is better or anything like that you just need to pay more attention to your positioning.
Know your class limitation!
from the name of the class, you can know that it’s for Defending objectives and holding positions. The defender class is less lethal and aggressive but best at blocking paths.
Breacher class is best at opening the ways that are being blocked by Defenders or force defenders to fall back with their gadgets and abilities. there good at downing the enemies behind the cover as well.
Duelists have the best chance of winning 1v1 fights cuz of their gadgets and abilities, they are mostly equipped with SMG and Shotguns and their weapons have higher DPS than other classes, and they’re good at flanking enemies.
Intel is good for attacking since there have the ability to scan enemies and give away their position or work as wallhack and make it easier for Breacher to kill the enemies behind the cover.
Sniper is good for covering your team from the back and watching the mid and stoping the enemies from flanking your team.
Support has the ability to get you up from distance and tries to stay alive throughout the round.
the ones with ★ means that everybody has them and there is no need to unlock them.
- Anvil ★
- Trench ★
- Dima ★
- Ronin ★
- Dallas ★
- The Fixer
- Saint ★
- Rogue Company: Characters Guide (Which One to Buy for Beginner)
- Rogue Company: How to Change Framerate Limit
- Rogue Company: Competitive Settings for Steam Version
- Rogue Company: How to Transfer Account & Progress to Steam