NOTE: This is easier with Notepad++ but NOT impossible without it!
MAKE A BACKUP OF THE FILE BEFORE EDITING IT!
I am NOT responsible for corruption of any kind if you choose not to back it up!
For me it is located E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Scrap Mechanic
2. Once you have found the location of the game, find a folder called “Survival” and open it. Then find a folder called “Scripts” and open that one too. The final folder you need is called “game”, open it.
3. Search for a document called “SurvivalGame.lua” OR “SurvivalGame”! There is no difference, just that you have file name extensions enabled/disabled.
4. Right click the file and choose Open With…/Open With. Left click that, and it should ask you what you want to open it with. “Select More Apps”. “Select Notepad”.
4-2. If you installed Notepad++, then select the “Edit with Notepad++”
5. Scroll down SLOWLY, until you find a bunch of lines named “sm.game.bindChatCommand” and bunch of coding after it. STOP THERE.
6. Right above all the “sm.game.bind.ChatCommand”
Where it says “if g_survivalDev then” REPLACE “g_survivalDev” to “true”.
The final result should be “if true then”.
7. SAVE THE FILE WHEN YOU EXIT.
The reason I said back this up is so you can set the document back to normal to play with anyone.
Hopefully I was helpful, if not, send a message and I’ll try and respond as fast as possible.
If you need further help, you might need to download this: https://app.prntscr.com/en/download.html
- Journey of Life: How to Run a Dedicated Server
- Yakuza Kiwami – How to Unlock Legend Difficulty
- Cyberpunk 2077: How to Turn on Single Tap Dodge
- Terraria 1.4: How to Set Fullscreen
- Hellblade Senua’s Sacrifice: How to Turn off MOTION BLUR