A ReShade preset for Valheim with High Fantasy themed settings in mind.
Vivid colors, darker shadows, sharp textures\environments and a more cinematic like perspective.
- 1. You need to download ReShade, I can’t provide you directly with the files, it is against the terms of service.
- 2. Click this link www.reshade.me click on Download, the page scrolls down, click on Download ReShade 4.9.1.
- 3. Once step 2 is done, launch ReShade_Setup_4.9.1.exe, you should see this :
- 4. Click on “Click here to select a game”, a new window appear, click on “Browse” at the bottom right, go to your Valheim folder “SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Valheim” and select valheim.exe, a window should appear with the text “Which rendering API does Valheim use” click on Direct3D 10/11/12.5.Now we’re going to select the effects category we want to download and use, select them like on the picture below :
Press Ok when this is done. Now its time to only select the effects I used to avoid cluttering your computer with useless files. Follow the pictures below.
Legacy standard effects
When your done you should see this window :
Close it and move to the final step.
- 6. Now all there is left to do is to download my ReShade preset and place it in you Valheim folder.Copy the link below in your favorite browser and replace the (dot) by a .
When you first launch Valheim with ReShade ON it will automatically initialize itself (You should see some text at the top left of your screen), wait till you get to the main menu and follow the instructions, when ReShade ask you if you want to follow the tutorial skipt it, click on reshadepreset.ini click on High Fantasy ReShade.ini and finally click on select, thats it your done.
- Valheim: How to Boost the FPS
- Valheim: Better Object Pickup Notification (How to Install PickupDisplay Mod)
- Valheim: How to Fix Rubber Banding & Skipping During Multiplayer
- Valheim: How to Duplicate a World (Including Player Changes)
- Valheim: Dedicated Game Server Setup Guide